SinLau Hospital (新樓醫院) was the first Western-style hospital in Taiwan. Dr. James Laidlaw Maxwell, a Presbyterian Missionary, founded it in Tainan (South Taiwan) in 1865. Originally, the hospital was called Khòan-sai Street Clinic(看西街醫館). In 1900, a new building was constructed to replace the old clinic, and it was renamed SinLau, which meant 'New Floor.' The development of modern medicine in the country was centered there, and it spread outward across the whole country.
National Taiwan University Hospital was preceded by a hospital called Dâriben tâiwân bingyuân, which was constructed in 1895 in Taipei (North Taiwan) during the era of Japanese rule. It relocated to its current address in 1989. The hospital was subsequently annexed to the Medical School of Taihoku Imperial University then renamed Taihoku Imperial University Medical School Affiliated Hospital in 1937. The present name was adopted upon Taiwan's retrocession in 1945. The institution is the oldest university hospital in Taiwan and kindled the development of modern neurology in the country. Does this sentence convey your intended meaning?
The English missionaries, Rev. C. Campbell Moody and Dr. David Landsborough, established Changhua Christian Hospital (CCH) in Central Taiwan in 1896. It was originally called Changhua Christian Medical House. Dr. David Landsborough was a graduate of the Medical School of Edinburgh University. Instead of securing the opportunity to become a highly-ranked surgeon, he followed the call of God and devoted the rest of his life to serving as a medical missionary in Formosa (Taiwan). In 1906, thanks to the financial support of the mother church in the United Kingdom, a two-story building was constructed at the current address in Changhua. In 1907, Dr. Landsborough renamed it the British Changhua Christian Hospital. In 1952, his son, Dr. David Landsborough II succeeded him as the medical missionary at the hospital. It is worth noting that Dr. Landsborough II was the first neurologist in Taiwan. He and Professor Tsu-Pei Hung of the National Taiwan University Hospital were the founders of modern Taiwanese neurology.
George Leslie Mackay built the original Mackay Hospital, named Mackay Clinic, in Tamsui in 1880. It was the first Western medical institution in Northern Taiwan. In 1912, it was relocated from Tamsui to Tahpei and renamed Mackay Memorial Hospital. In 1967, the hospital built the first intensive care unit in Taiwan.
Jade Mountain (Yushan) is the highest mountain in Taiwan at 3,952 meters above sea level. The mountaintop often has a thick snow cap in the wintertime that reflects the sunlight like crystal clear jade, hence its name. It was one of the 28 finalists in the New 7 Wonders of Nature voting campaign in 2009. The mountain is the location of the most abundant wilderness in Taiwan and is also treasured for its pristine forests and many endemic faunal species.